I found this helpfull info at the web and thought it can help somebody!
Q. How can I have longer hair??
A. Well, having longer hair really consists of two things. The first is maximizing/promoting growth and the second is retaining length. Here are the absolute basics to growing longer stronger hair.
To maximize or promote growth, I would suggest:
1) Eat a protein rich diet and lots of fruits and veggies to ensure you are growing strong healthy hair.
2) Keep your body healthy and hydrated by drinking at least 64 oz of water a day and exercising at least 3-5 times a week.
3) Massage the scalp at night with a drop or two of essential oils to help stimulate the hair follicles. Make sure to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep each night.
4) Take a Hair, Skin and Nails vitamin to help supplement your diet. These vitamins are available at your local drugstore or health food store.
To retain length, I would suggest:
1) Wash and deep condition at least once a week to remove the accumulation of sebum from the scalp and hair.
2) Reduce direct heat (such as blow drying, flat ironing and hot curling). Instead, dry the hair using a low to no heat styling method (such as air drying in buns, braids or twists, roller-setting or flexi-rodding) to help reduce stress to the hair.
3) Make sure to moisturize nightly with a water based moisturizer like ORS Olive oil to help keep the ends lubricated. Trim as needed.
4) Keep the hair and ends protected during the day with loose styles like buns, twists, french rolls and twists.
The basic idea is to make sure that your body is healthy so that you are growing strong hair. After that, its just a matter of keeping it! This is why we want to reduce heat, keep the hair hydrated and protect the ends. This will help reduce unnecessary breakage and split ends, which can allow you to trim less often and retain length.