Do you ever glance at yourself in the mirror and wish for bigger eyes, a smaller nose, fuller lips, or some other feature beyond your control? You can easily fix one feature on your face, your eyebrows. Eyebrows can dramatically change your appearance. Remember Marlene Dietrich’s thin, arched eyebrows? It would be hard to imagine her any other way.
Today’s look is for a more natural eyebrow shape that compliments your face. You can shape your eyebrows to remove unwanted hairs or add an arch.
There are several steps to shaping your eyebrows. You can do it yourself. Or, you can visit a salon to have them shaped professionally.
When you shape your eyebrows, use these tips for a natural looking brow:
· Make sure that the beginning of the eyebrows aligns with the center of the nostril.
· Ensure that the arch is above the back third of your eye.
· Your eyebrow should be at least the length of your eye, but should not extend to your temple.
· Keep the beginning of the brown and the end of the brow even, i.e. along the same horizontal axis.
Avoid a shape that is too thick at the beginning of the brow and too thin at the end or a shape where the arch is too far towards the beginning of the eyebrow. Also, watch out for one end of the eye brow dropping too far below the other end.
Here is how to shape your eyebrows:
· Use an eyebrow pencil to draw shapes over your eyebrow area to determine which shape looks the best.
· Get a magnifying mirror to help you see each hair.
· T weeze one hair at a time. Be careful not to over-tweeze. If you over-tweeze, it may affect the way your brow looks. When shaping your brow, tweezing is best, because it offers more control over waxing. Don’t shave your brow.
After you shape your brow, you may need to trim long hairs. Avoid tweezing long hairs, as they may reveal gaps in your eyebrows.
You may also need to fill your eyebrows in to give them an even look. Brow powders are often the best option. Use a wedge or thin liner brush to apply the powder. There are also eyebrow liners, which can be heavy. Or you can use eyebrow gels or a combination of gels, powders, and liners. Try not to draw on eyebrows. Fill them in to enhance their natural appearance.
When filling in your eyebrows:
· Use a filler that matches the color of your eyebrows.
· Brush the brow up.
· Follow the shape of your brow similar to the tweezing pattern you established.
Once you shape and fill in your eyebrows, you have a new look that will make a world of difference. Maintain the shape with tweezers to by plucking stray hairs. Use your filling techniques if needed to keep your brows looking perfect everyday.