blackwomentalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

blackwomentalk

black women community talk

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Grow Eyebrow.
Beauty Tips from Africa EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 9:25 am by MsLaura

» Ladies Jeans Brands.
Beauty Tips from Africa EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 9:21 am by MsLaura

» Best Fashion Magazines.
Beauty Tips from Africa EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 8:41 am by MsLaura

» Top Fashion Models.
Beauty Tips from Africa EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 8:35 am by MsLaura

» Fashion Websites Here Please!
Beauty Tips from Africa EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 10:09 am by MsLaura

» Skinny Jeans
Beauty Tips from Africa EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 9:56 am by MsLaura

» Fashion Tips
Beauty Tips from Africa EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 9:49 am by MsLaura

» The classifications
Beauty Tips from Africa EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 9:14 am by TrudiBerry

» Check Hairpedia for hairstyles!
Beauty Tips from Africa EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:36 am by Admin

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 113 on Tue May 14, 2019 11:54 pm
Poll
i want long hair because...
i feel beautiful ..
Beauty Tips from Africa I_vote_lcap43%Beauty Tips from Africa I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 10 ]
I just like it
Beauty Tips from Africa I_vote_lcap30%Beauty Tips from Africa I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 7 ]
i hate short hair
Beauty Tips from Africa I_vote_lcap9%Beauty Tips from Africa I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
i wanna prove me right!
Beauty Tips from Africa I_vote_lcap17%Beauty Tips from Africa I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
none
Beauty Tips from Africa I_vote_lcap0%Beauty Tips from Africa I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23
Beauty Tips from Africa
Beauty Tips from Africa EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 2:02 pm by Flowers & Pearls
The continent of Africa is full of unique herbs that have properties useful for health and beauty remedies. Many beauty remedies based on indigenous African herbs have been passed down for hundreds …

Comments: 0
Folliculitis Keloidalis Nuchae (mostly common in men)
Beauty Tips from Africa EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 2:01 pm by Flowers & Pearls
Folliculitis Keloidalis Nuchae

It is a chronic condition which involves scalp and the back of the neck. Folliculitis Keloidalis Nuchae generally occurs in African American men. People in the age …

Make Your Own Hair Perfume
Beauty Tips from Africa EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 1:50 pm by Flowers & Pearls
Want to turn a few more heads? Well, you could do that just with a whiff of air. It is the wonderful locks which fall over your shoulder that need some care. It barely takes a few minutes to prepare …

UV hair protection. 101
Beauty Tips from Africa EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 2:31 pm by Flowers & Pearls
Summer is coming guys so here's the perfect time to protect it from the sun rays (though you must do this always summer is the season when most needed).

UV And Hair

Hair offers a natural …

what's your ulttimate hair goal?!
Beauty Tips from Africa EmptyTue May 12, 2009 10:01 pm by Admin
hi girls flower what's your ULTIMIMATE HAIR GOAL???

Comments: 1
Dandruff- What it is?,causes,cures
Beauty Tips from Africa EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 6:33 pm by Flowers & Pearls
Dandruff or Pityriasis capitis refers to the extreme flaking of the dead skin which forms on the scalp. Although small amount of flaking is normal but when people start experiencing a large amount of …

Learning about Scalp Folliculitis
Beauty Tips from Africa EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 6:32 pm by Flowers & Pearls
Dandruff and acne are common culprits when it comes to scalp issues. While most of us usually only have to deal with a few flakes or an itch and a scratch, there is another condition that often goes …

Hair Screening: What Toxins is your Body Storing in your Tresses?
Beauty Tips from Africa EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 6:31 pm by Flowers & Pearls
Hair screening is definitely not new, but it is becoming increasingly popular as we combat the effects of aging and the environment. At-home testing kits are available and are widely accepted as a …

Maintaining Healthy Scalp and Hair
Beauty Tips from Africa EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 6:21 pm by Flowers & Pearls
Your hair is your crowning glory. You spend time and money making sure that you have a flattering style and color. But healthy hair can be more than a reflection of your sense of style and fashion. …

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of blackwomentalk on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of blackwomentalk on your social bookmarking website

Beauty Tips from Africa

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Flowers & Pearls

Beauty Tips from Africa Empty
PostSubject: Beauty Tips from Africa   Beauty Tips from Africa EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 2:02 pm

The continent of Africa is full of unique herbs that have properties useful for health and beauty remedies. Many beauty remedies based on indigenous African herbs have been passed down for hundreds of years, and have now been formulated into commercial products. Many of these products are manufactured in Africa and available for purchase in salons, drugstores and online. The next time you want to incorporate African remedies into your beauty routine, try using products with these natural African products or use a homemade remedy for old-fashioned African beauty.

Shea Butter & Shea Oil

Shea butter and shea oil are made from the nut of the shea tree, or karite tree as it is called in Africa. The tree grows in 12 countries on the African continent, and most of the world`s shea butter comes from Burkina Faso. Nutrient rich shea butter and oil are used in many popular commercial products for shiny hair, a health scalp, to reduce wrinkles and to protect hair and skin from the damaging effect of the sun and pollution. Shea butter or oil can be applied by itself to treat skin conditions and has been used to treat stretch marks.

Lavender

In North Africa, lavender was used as a folk remedy to protect women from being mistreated by their husbands. Although you may not need to use it for the same purpose, the many beneficial qualities of lavender make it a good choice for getting your husband to notice you more. Lavender is a natural deodorant, tonic, antiseptic and insecticide. Use lavender water made by steeping a tablespoon of lavender in a cup of water all over your body for a fragrant refresher throughout the day.

Rooibos Tea

Better known as African red tea, Rooibos tea is regarded as a cosmetics aid because of its high amount of anti-oxidants which make it beneficial for the hair and skin. The tea leaves also contain natural alpha-hydroxyl for healthy skin and it is used in many commercial products like soaps, facial creams and shampoos.

Honey

Honey is a popular beauty aid in Africa and throughout the world because of its hydrating and nourishing properties. Try utilizing honey`s anti-inflammatory properties on your scalp when it is swollen and itchy from dandruff. Mix some honey with a little bit of warm water, and dab it on the affected area of your scalp. Leave it for 15 – 20 minutes and rinse, or leave it on overnight for a longer treatment.

Olive Oil

The olive tree grows in many African countries like Tunisia and the olive oil produced from these plants has been used in African beauty routines for hundreds of years. Olive oil is used as a base for many African hair and skin products, and it can be used by itself as an effective treatment for moisturized hair and skin. Warm the oil and use it as a hot oil treatment on your hair, or apply extra virgin olive oil liberally to dry skin and nails as needed. If you prefer commercial products, try an olive oil based complexion bar or lip balm.

source
Back to top Go down

Beauty Tips from Africa
Page 1 of 1