blackwomentalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

blackwomentalk

black women community talk

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Grow Eyebrow.
How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 9:25 am by MsLaura

» Ladies Jeans Brands.
How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 9:21 am by MsLaura

» Best Fashion Magazines.
How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 8:41 am by MsLaura

» Top Fashion Models.
How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 8:35 am by MsLaura

» Fashion Websites Here Please!
How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 10:09 am by MsLaura

» Skinny Jeans
How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 9:56 am by MsLaura

» Fashion Tips
How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 9:49 am by MsLaura

» The classifications
How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 9:14 am by TrudiBerry

» Check Hairpedia for hairstyles!
How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:36 am by Admin

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 113 on Tue May 14, 2019 11:54 pm
Poll
i want long hair because...
i feel beautiful ..
How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young I_vote_lcap43%How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 10 ]
I just like it
How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young I_vote_lcap30%How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 7 ]
i hate short hair
How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young I_vote_lcap9%How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
i wanna prove me right!
How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young I_vote_lcap17%How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
none
How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young I_vote_lcap0%How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23
Beauty Tips from Africa
How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 2:02 pm by Flowers & Pearls
The continent of Africa is full of unique herbs that have properties useful for health and beauty remedies. Many beauty remedies based on indigenous African herbs have been passed down for hundreds …

Comments: 0
Folliculitis Keloidalis Nuchae (mostly common in men)
How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 2:01 pm by Flowers & Pearls
Folliculitis Keloidalis Nuchae

It is a chronic condition which involves scalp and the back of the neck. Folliculitis Keloidalis Nuchae generally occurs in African American men. People in the age …

Make Your Own Hair Perfume
How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 1:50 pm by Flowers & Pearls
Want to turn a few more heads? Well, you could do that just with a whiff of air. It is the wonderful locks which fall over your shoulder that need some care. It barely takes a few minutes to prepare …

UV hair protection. 101
How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 2:31 pm by Flowers & Pearls
Summer is coming guys so here's the perfect time to protect it from the sun rays (though you must do this always summer is the season when most needed).

UV And Hair

Hair offers a natural …

what's your ulttimate hair goal?!
How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young EmptyTue May 12, 2009 10:01 pm by Admin
hi girls flower what's your ULTIMIMATE HAIR GOAL???

Comments: 1
Dandruff- What it is?,causes,cures
How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 6:33 pm by Flowers & Pearls
Dandruff or Pityriasis capitis refers to the extreme flaking of the dead skin which forms on the scalp. Although small amount of flaking is normal but when people start experiencing a large amount of …

Learning about Scalp Folliculitis
How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 6:32 pm by Flowers & Pearls
Dandruff and acne are common culprits when it comes to scalp issues. While most of us usually only have to deal with a few flakes or an itch and a scratch, there is another condition that often goes …

Hair Screening: What Toxins is your Body Storing in your Tresses?
How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 6:31 pm by Flowers & Pearls
Hair screening is definitely not new, but it is becoming increasingly popular as we combat the effects of aging and the environment. At-home testing kits are available and are widely accepted as a …

Maintaining Healthy Scalp and Hair
How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 6:21 pm by Flowers & Pearls
Your hair is your crowning glory. You spend time and money making sure that you have a flattering style and color. But healthy hair can be more than a reflection of your sense of style and fashion. …

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of blackwomentalk on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of blackwomentalk on your social bookmarking website

How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Flowers & Pearls

How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young Empty
PostSubject: How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young   How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 1:57 pm

Women of color are fortunate, because many of them will not have to deal with the effects of aging on the skin until a much later time than women who have lighter skin tones. The pigmentation of the skin, which is known as melanin, protects this important organ of the body from the sun, and wards off the aging effects for a much longer period of time. However, it is impossible to stop the clock completely, and eventually even women of color will have to battle the signs that the years are creeping up on them. There are plenty of things that you can do to turn back the hands of time, and keep your skin looking as great as possible for as long as possible.

Softening Rough Skin

One of the first indications that the aging process is beginning on black skin, is by the skin’s texture. Generally, the surface of the skin will become rougher and even bumpy; especially in areas that see frequent sun exposure. There are plenty of effective ways to smooth rough skin at this stage, and these processes can include exfoliation through topical creams, chemical peels or microdermabrasion. Moisturizing can also be helpful, and for black skin the best ingredients for moisturizing include emu oil and Shea butter. Both of these substances can penetrate the surface of black skin, and nourish from the outside in.

Dealing with Pigmentation Changes

As black skin ages, the pigmentation goes through changes as well, as a result of the stimulation of the production of melanin. This means that African American women may see a darkening of the skin, particularly in areas like the face and neck. Uneven pigmentation can also be a result of this process, which will lead to lighter and darker areas of skin. The best remedies for darker skin include the same treatments as above; topical anecdotes, peels and microdermabrasion. There is currently no known treatment for lighter pigmentation.

Countering Sagging Skin

One of the specific issues that women of color must deal with in the aging process is a lack of volume to the skin, as the collagen deteriorates over time. This is most pronounced in the cheeks, where there is a hollowing effect. The sagging is seen most often in the area between the nose and the outer corners of the mouth, and around the jaw line and neck area. The best way to counter sagging skin is through cosmetic surgery, and the hollow look can be helped with the dermal fillers that are available.

Saying Goodbye to Benign Growths

Dermatosa papulosa nigra is a term that refers to a cluster of benign growths that can appear on black skin as the result of sun exposure and the aging process. While this condition is harmless, it can get rather unsightly, leading many women to look for a way to say goodbye to these growths. The good news is that you can have them removed fairly easily in a dermatologist’s office through cutting or burning them off. Both of these procedures will usually heal within a week or so, and cause minimal discomfort.

Black skin is known for aging slowly, and now you can also age it gracefully with a bit of information and a few key products and procedures under your belt. Think beautiful, no matter how old you are.
Back to top Go down

How to Keep Black Skin Looking Young
Page 1 of 1